Sunday, December 12, 2010

It's Begining to Look a Lot Like Christmas

Just got home from Wisconsin after spending the weekend making cookies in Burlington.  My Aunt makes all of my Grandmother's old cookie recipes every year and I went up to help and to unwind. 

 I always appreciate the city more when I spend some time away.  Life is so different there, slower, more relaxed and much more intimate.  I went with my Aunt and Uncle to a brithday party for one of their friends who I have never met, and had a much better time than I usually have bar hopping down town.  First of all, the food was amazing!  The birthday girl's husband is a very talented cook and the second we walked in we were handed a menu to create our own pasta dish for dinner.  I went with grilled chicken, zucchini, mushrooms, pesto, and alfredo.....delicious!  They had their family, friend and neighbors over, and I couldn't help but think about how many dinners parties I attended with my city neighbors over the years......NONE!  I think the difference is that in the city there is such limited space, with so many people living on top of each other that most people want to put space between their neighbors and themselves.  In the country there is SO much open space, and homes are so spread out, that people want to visit ech other's homes and spend time together.  I have always said that space is healty, I find that I'm a much nicer, happier, more tolerant Lindsay after putting myself on a good timeout.

I don't like driving.  I especially don't like driving in the rain, the dark, or the SNOW!  It's even harder driving in the snow and BBMing Jill, but I was bored driving like Miss Daisy, and there was nothing acceptable on the radio.  Which brings me to my next question:  What ever happened to Ace of Base?????

No comments:

Post a Comment