Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Anne

I found out last night that my girlfriend Anne died. We haven't spent much time together over the past couple of years, but would cross paths every few months and share a drink, a catch up session and a laugh. We met years ago working at the same bar and ended up cocktailing all of our shifts together because we had such a blast- she used to say "troublemaker" in Italian all of the time (I don't want to butcher the spelling) and that's what we were together- 2 troublemakers. We had a lot of fun , a few bad fights (which ended with her sending me Scooby Snack shots across the bar as an olive branch) and more than anything she made me laugh. Anne sent me a text last month wanting to get together for a drink and I didn't respond because I was buried at work and thought: "I'll call her later.". I don't believe in regrets, but I wish I had met her and seen her one last time. The news didn't really sink in last night, it kind of just rolled around in my head. I had dreams about the times we had spent over the years, and then I opened up the newspaper at the train station this morning and as I read the small paragraph about Anne it sank in. Anne, you will be missed so much. These are the things I will remember when I think of you: you're cooking (especially the artichokes you made me), your cats (I can't stand cats, but Jeeves and Boomba were cool), your tall black Uggs that you cocktailed in- you made them look fashionable, your laugh- it was infectious, your passion, watching 90210 with you, Scooby Snacks (So sweet, not even a good shot, why did we love them???) Dirty Martinis, your heart, your gorgeous long brown hair, and your light- you radiated an energy that drew people to you- I always knew I would have fun when I saw you enter a room. Rest in Peace Anne, I will miss you dearly, my thoughts go out to your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment