Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Home Alone

After more apartments than I can even remember, and more roommates than I can even count- I finally found my own place.  Sure the rent doubled, and I had to do all of the cleaning alone, but it was MY place.  I no longer had to label food in the fridge, be courteous of other's sleep cycles, or avoid awkward eye contact with random shackers I passed in the hallway.  I played music loud in the shower and sang at the top of my lungs, bought expensive bottles of wine and didn't have to worry about hiding them, and CONSTANTLY walked around naked.  Sometimes to move forward you have to take two steps back, and I have landed at my Dad's house....at 27!  There are some perks, I come home to a warm meal (tonight was shake and bake chicken) , I only have to walk Beau once a day, I don't pay bills, I am driven to and picked up from the train station every day, and I have a choice of three cars to drive.  I have to admit my family has a pretty good sense of humor, case in point:

I do appreciate the support of my family and the amenities living at home has to offer, but I can't wait to be in my own place again.  Because even when I lived alone, I always had something to look forward to coming home to:


No comments:

Post a Comment