Friday, December 10, 2010

Pandora 1/ My Metra Arch Nemesis

I depend on Pandora to get me through my morning train ride- it keeps me awake, and when the playlist is good it starts the morning off right. Here's what Pandora has in store for me today:
1) Genius Next Door- Regina Spektor
2) I'm yours- Jason Mraz (dont't love it or hate it, but not worth using a skip)
3) Seven Nation Army- White Stripes(love it, but not what I'm in theemood for this morning- still not worth skipping)
4)1 2 3 4- Feist(HATE it! How many of her songs do I have to skip before Pandora accepts I will NEVER like her?)
5)New Soul- Yael Naim (skip! Used to like it- now I just find it annoying)
6) Two Weeks- Grizzly Bear (love the opening, tolerate the rest of the song)
7) Sleepyhead- Passion Pit (THUMBS UP!)
My arch nemesis just got on the train!! She made my bad list the day we sat across from each other in the seats that face each other in the back of the train. Although she had an entire seat to herself, she found it necessary to pile her CVS bags in a mountain on the seat next to me that fell on my head every time the train Jerked. The conductors told me once that she is of the belief that those seats are hers and so she punishes whoever sits there with her. I now plan on sitting there again for round 2- stay tuned.
8) Float on- Modest Mouse (thumbs up)
9) Birthday- The Beatles (thumbs up- making me want to play the air tambourine down the train aisle not to mention they're the greatest band ever!)
10) Wild Thing- The Troggs (thumbs up! Livening up this rather boring ride)
My arch nemisis is currently laying across 2 seats- is this train legal?!? I'm 90% sure its not!
11) Heart of Gold- Neil Young (THUMBS UP)
12) Wouldn't it be nice- Beach Boys (thumbs up- love this song and it sounds like the summer so I'm forgetting that its freezing and covered with snow outside)
13) A Day in the Life- the Beatles (THUMBS UP- also sums up my mornings during the week: "woke up, fell out of bed, dragged a comb across my head.......")
14) Don't Let the sun go down on me- (I go both ways on this song- love the verses, hate the chorus. Might skip halfway through)
15) Brown Eyed Girl- Van Morrison (thumbs up- my mom makes me dance to this with her at every wedding we've ever been to)

Waiting for the bus to take me to the office now, every day the line is backed up to the train station door because people line up toward the train station instead of down the sidewalk- so today I made my own line. Who's coming with me?

16) we are the champions- queen (skip- not in the mood)
17) Helpless- Crosby stills Nash young (skip- great song but putting me back to sleep)
18) Day Tripper- the Beatles (thumbs up! Eff yeah! Love the guitar riff)
19) More than a feeling- Boston (SKIP!!!!)
20) Down on the corner- CCR (thumbs up!)

Haha, the man who started the stupid line at the bus stop is glaring at me from across the bus.

21) Strawberry Fields- The Beatles (thumbs up- did I mention that John Lennon is the most talented Beatle?)

I love Wacker along the river early in the morning and late at night when there is no one on the streets. Especially with Christmas lights.


No comments:

Post a Comment